Divorced single mothers can now gain practical personal and parenting support through a truly unique perspective by reading You're It! Successful Single Mothering After Divorce.
The author, Jeanne L. Ward, not only writes from her own personal experience as a single mother, but also shares the thoughts and feelings of the many children of divorce she has interviewed over the years. This highly educational and entertaining MUST READ will help prepare you to move forward and fulfill your potential as a woman and a mother.
This is a fresh and uplifting resource for successful single mothering and personal empowerment.
'The author is an authority on this subject and writes this how-to book from personal experience and knowledge.' - Delores Kesler, PSS World Medical Chairman of the Board.
Jeanne L. Ward has collected years of insight into children's ideas about divorce through groups she led within the public school system. In addition, she has served in varied professional careers from teaching and counseling to local government and child advocacy. She raised two daughters as a single mother and now lives with her husband, Charlie, in Jacksonville, Florida.
- About the Author(p.7)
- Chapter One:You’re It!Will the Real AdultPlease Stand Up?(p.9)
- Chapter Two:The Man that I Married:Letting Go and Moving On(p.15)
- Chapter Three:Sunday, Sunday:Parenting after Divorce(p.21)
- Chapter Four:Your House or Mine?Children as Power Brokers(p.27)
- Chapter Five:Who Will Carve the Pumpkin?Holidays of all Kinds(p.31)
- Chapter Six:I’m Dreaming of Bob Vila:Home Maintenance(p.40)
- Chapter Seven:The Dearly Departed Thumperthe Rabbit: Pets,Alive and Otherwise(p.46)
- Chapter Eight:Purple Eye Shadow and GreenHair: Thirteen is Thirteen,Divorce or No Divorce(p.52)
- Chapter Nine:Scrambled Eggs for Dinner:Culinary Tips Not Found in Gourmet Magazine(p.61)
- Chapter Ten:Tick Tock – It’s Six O’clock:Childcare for all Ages(p.67)
- Chapter Eleven:Would You Like Me to Cut YourMeat? Family, Friends, Dating,and all that Stuff(p.78)
- Chapter Twelve:The Person You’ve Become:Random Notes and Thoughts(p.92)